Tuesday, January 1, 2008

We are always on a journey

14/12/2007
My days off always fly by too quickly, and for the first time in a month I didn’t want to go back to work. I wanted to stay with my friends, but I knew I couldn’t. I caught a ride back with two coworkers and had to change a flat tire along the way. When we pulled in to the lane to the lodge and odd feeling came over me. I felt like I was at home. It wasn’t as strong as my own lane in Monticello, but it was similar and it felt great. It’s funny that as soon as I start to feel at home, my time is up and I’ll be moving on. I’m excited and anxious, and nervous all over again. And when I finally feel that I have traveled enough, I will have an extreme comfort of going home. And there will be no feeling like it when I pull in to my lane at home. But at that time I know it will only be the end of this journey and the begining of the next.

1 comment:

matthew d kyhnn said...

Brian: Well said. I love Norway! I love Scotland! I love the journey! mk