Saturday, December 8, 2007

antique internet equipment = dial-up access

So, did I tell all of you that I wasn’t going to neglect my blog only to neglect it? No! I promise I have a ton of post ready to go but they are on my laptop and we lost the wireless connection when a storm hit last week. We are down to dial-up service. Yep, it still exists. It has been really windy and rainy here at Delphi. We get sleet and small hail about once a day. It is light around 8 and dark by 4:30. It is crazy, but then that’s just winter in Ireland. Today I helped set up the new feeder system, and went netting in a tiny stream by the hatchery. It is about 5 or six feet wide and usually from6 inches to a foot deep. When it rains a lot like it did last night it rises to waist deep water. This is when the salmon come in as they are ready to spawn now. We got 31 out of the stream and at least that many got by me. It is a ton of fun walking up a stream and scooping fish out of a stream, I suggest you try it if you get the chance. It is yet another moment that makes me glad I came on this journey. Sometimes I stop and think to myself, I am really doing it. I’m living in Ireland. Matt calls and says he and his roommates often times find themselves saying the same thing. It is a great thing that will soon end as I move to the UK. I leave on the 26th with a 4 night stop in Norway. Why you ask? Why not, it was a cheap flight at 67 euros. Then after I spend the New Year in Edenborough it will be off to Spain for 10 days with me and Matt's friend Cat. I think she may have a blog as well. I’ll look into that. I have a ticket scoped round trip at 37.50 euros a piece. I am going to book in a half hour when the system comes back online. It is amazing how cheap you can find flights. These have both been found at a great site Matt heard about called www.skyscanner.com You can get detailed and type in cities and dates or go as broad as from Ireland to Europe, anytime. It then tells you where you can get to super cheap. I recommend it if you are planning a trip soon. Well I have to get back to writing some x-mas cards to the family but look for more posts next week when the wireless is back up here at good ‘ol Delphi Lodge.

No comments: