Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Edy’s: Grand Ice Cream, Amazing Company!

So my summer of handing out ice cream couldn’t have gone any better! I got right in to the swing of things and started going to local HyVee’s and Fareways. I found that it is a lot of fun promoting our products and that the interaction with people is what really makes this job. By the time I am finished I should have given over 15,000 samples of ice cream to smiling faces this summer. It is pretty amazing when you think about it. I have found myself saying in my sleep, “would you like to try our Edy’s Slow Churned Ice Cream? It has half the fat and a third of the calories of regular ice cream.” It’s true and the ice cream is amazing, I am lucky I can still fit in the van. While giving out samples I have been all over the place and stayed in lots of hotels. Some of the towns you may have seen me and the sampling van in are Iowa City, Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, Quad Cities, Des Moines, Sioux City, Mason City, and many others in Iowa, as well as Yankton and Sioux Falls South Dakota. I have also been to Chicago, IL several times. I got a coworker about half way through July. Maureen has been a lot of fun to work with. It is nice having someone to travel with and a lot more people take samples when one of us is outside the van drawing attention. I keep wanting to have a scooping competition but she won’t bite. The job has been great and the company has been even better. There is a lot of positive reinforcement. Edy’s uses a reverse pyramid style management and has a GROOVE mentality that makes it a ton of fun. Everyone is upbeat a really seems o be enjoying their job. This is contagious. I am really fortunate to have the experience of working for them. Thanks Edy’s for all the great memories, hopefully we’ll cross paths again.

No comments: